Monday, August 10, 2009

My Little Notebook

My little notebook. It's cute. Colorful. Stripes on one cover, circles on the other. A couple of pockets on the inside. Brown elastic to keep it all together. A sturdy spiral-bound thingy. The first one didn't make it. The sprial-bound thingy wasn't sturdy enough for my opening and closing and opening and closing and opening again.

It's become my brain. Which is good thing and very necessary given the regular fog I'm in on any given day. I keep it all together in that little book and I always keep that little book with me. All my Lupus information is right there. And there is alot of that.

Have I mentioned that I am a bit of an information freak?

I've gone on information overload. So much so that I often can't remember what it is I just read. Ironic, huh? Reading so much that I can't remember what I read. But it's in there. Everything I've read about my diagnoses. There is a page for each. Everything I've read about my medications. There are lots of pages for those. Everything I've read about possible alternative therapies. As well as where I can go back to look up stuff when I decide to try that therapy. Everything I've read about recommended changes to my diet. Heaven knows I can't make all the changes at once. I'm having a hard enough time not eating red meat 5 days a week, plus leftovers on the other 2. It's all there.

Then there is the "doctor's section". A whole section just for my doctor's appointments. What they tell me, because I can't always remember once I leave. What I need to ask them, because I can't always remember from one week to the next what I wanted to ask. It's all there.

I'd be lost without it. By the way... where is that little book?

Until next time, take care of you.

Nicky

0 comments:

Post a Comment