Thursday, August 06, 2009

Flare - Definition Please

Will someone please explain to me exactly what a Lupus Flare is! I have read about about them in the brochures and books I have read, I've read about them on the various websites and blogs that I have explored, but I still don't know what it is or how I know when I am having one. Someone please explain.

Before getting admitted to the hospital a few months ago, I would say that I was full on in a Lupus Flare. I had the butterfly rash across my face, I had a rash across my back, hips, chest, neck and arms (with the scars to prove it), I was constantly running a fever, joint pain in my legs, hips and arms, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. By the time I got out of the hospital the rashes had subsided as had the joint pain. But I was still losing my hair, was extremely fatigued, and was experiencing the worst chest pain from the pleurisy. Now, almost three months later I am still experiencing the worst chest pain from the pleurisy, though some days it is worse than others. I think the hair loss has finally started to slow, though the growth rate hasn't overtaken the loss rate quite yet. My energy levels are good, though I find myself worn out by the end of the day. This seems to directly coincide with the fevers. The days I have really worn myself out I usually end up with a fever and even sometimes flushing in my face and neck. So am I still "flaring" or is this just my new "normal"? Someone please help.
Take care of you.
Nicky

0 comments:

Post a Comment