Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of the Year

Wow. Another year about to come to an end. What a crazy year this was. Who knew everything that I would go through 365 days ago when this year was just beginning. Who knew the changes in store for me. It's not what I had planned for myself, but who would? Can't imagine someone saying "I want a chronic disease, and I want to take handfuls of medications every day, and I want to have to spend lots of time waiting in doctor's waiting rooms, and I want to give my blood to the vampire techs each month, and I want to have to change everything I love about my lifestyle". No, I can't imagine anyone would. But it's my life now. My new normal.
What have I learned?
I have learned that I have the most amazing family. I knew that before all of this, but I have an even greater respect and admiration for them. I adore my children. They are two of the most interesting people I know. And my husband is simply more incredible than I could have ever asked for. And it is only because of the three of them that I am as healthy as I am now. And my parents, both mine and his, are four of the most supportive people. I am truly blessed.
I have learned what is really important to me. Since I don't have the time I used to have (apparently we are not meant to use all 24 hours God gives us each day) nor the energy I used to have, I have learned what is truly important to me in this life and focus my energy there. And I don't even miss all of the "other" stuff. How funny is that?
Happy New Year! May the coming year be full of Health and Happiness.
Until next time,
Nicky

0 comments:

Post a Comment